26.8.11

from anniston with love.


alabamian Pat Potter has already contributed so much...from her interview for "homegrown design" in our magazine's debut issue, to project updates here on the blog. and it doesnt stop there. recently, Pat sent words and images in reflection of her work, "lambent ways." simple, alluring, and curious- i couldnt resist sharing. enjoy.


Last night

I made drawings during the dance performance 
My overstuffed body, draped with layers of sheer fabric,
 installed in a red overstuffed french chair.
All a part of the installation of after images from "Lambent Ways"
Miniature drawings on white paper lined the gray walls.
I cut the top layer of my gown with small blue scissors
and layered frayed strips onto the gesture 
drawings 
White chalk on white paper 
Invisible until rubbed with ash.
Shadowed with strips of silver metallic organza.
It was very hot 
As the evening progressed, I continued to draw, rub, cut and melt
Until, like a candle, I was transformed.
Only the drawings were left.

After I had melted away.
                                                                                          - Pat Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment